Hello again, (edited this post, look down what it is ^^)
Wednesday I tried to make a good Charlotte Russe like my mother used to make them.
The only problem was I had no recipe and she only remembered a few things, but I did create something delicious. ^^
Ingredients: (for 24 diameter round)
- Lady fingers (or boudoir cookies in other words)
- 400 ml cream (that is used for whipped cream)
- instant mousse powder ( powder that can make milk, yoghurt etc. in mousse)
- Biscuitmix (just follow the description on the box)
- tangerine (I used the canned species :))
How it was made:
- Bake the cake, cool it down and cut a thin bottom. (the rest is just for yourself or make cake balls out of it)
- Sprinkle a little bit of rum over the bottom and sprinkle a mixture of 50/50 water and rum over the lady fingers.
- Put them on top of the cake into a circle. (you need to have patience or smart since some fall down and take the others with them)
- Put cream, instant mousse powder (according to its description), rum (about 2 tbsp) and a bit of sugar into a bowl. Mix until it is doubled in volume.
- Put the mixture into the shape and finish of with your desired fruit which is tangerine in this case.
- Let it stiffen for several hours (3 or more) and after that you can safely cut out a piece without too many mess.